Hamilton Civic Theatre presents “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” at Summer Theatre Camp. Participants will learn acting, singing, and dancing, plus craft costumes, props, and set pieces for the performances. Auditions for the Main Roles were held May 20th. Auditions are not required for Supporting Roles and Oompa-Loompas.
Summer Theatre Camp Registration Packets are available from Studio on the Square. Summer Theatre Camp Registration runs from May 20th to July 2nd. Cost per child is $50. For more information about participation in the Summer Theatre Camp, please contact Melissa McIntyre Craig at the Studio on the Square.
Summer Theater Camp begins on July 30th:
- Monday, July 30, 9am – 2pm
- Tuesday, July 31, 9am – 2pm
- Wednesday, August 1, 9am – 2pm
- Thursday, August 2, 9am – 2pm
- Friday, August 3, 9am – 2pm
There will be two performances at the Junior High Auditorium: August 4th and August 5th:
- Saturday, August 4, 6pm
- Sunday, August 5, 3pm
• Cost is $5/person, general seating. Tickets may be purchased online here.
Based on the beloved Roald Dahl tale, this comedic and fantastical show follows young Charlie Bucket and his Grandpa Joe as they join a small group of contest winners who get to tour the magical and mysterious factory of eccentric candy maker Willy Wonka. Aided by his diminutive Oompa Loompa workers, Wonka has a hidden motivation for the tour, one that he will reveal only after the children in the group show their true colors.
For up-to-date- information, please visit our Facebook page.
ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE:
• Showtimes are at 6pm on Saturday, and at 3pm on Sunday.
• Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the show.
• No one will be seated once the play has begun.
• Please turn off cellphone ringers, do not take photographs or videos.